Annual Convocation was held in Mukand Lal National College, Yamuna Nagar. The ceremony started with the entry of the academic procession in the College Auditorium, followed by welcome of the chief guest Dr. Ashok Diwakar, Vice Chancellor, Starx University, Gurugram and other dignitaries present on the occasion by the College Principal Dr. Shailesh Kapoor. While presenting the College Annual Report he felt elated to announce that our students Ritu and Garima stood first and Pinki Saini secured second position in Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra merit list. The College Governing Body encouraged these students by awarding cash prizes of Rs. 21,000/- and Rs. 11,000/- respectively. Around 645 graduates and post-graduates were conferred degrees. As many as 325 students of college were placed in University distinction who secured more than 75% marks. While delivering convocation address Chief Guest Dr. Ashok Diwakar, recipient of ‘Shiksha Ratna’ award by senior citizen federation of North Zone and who has to his credit publication of 10 books and many Research Papers, congratulated the University toppers, graduates and post graduates for their hard work, diligence and lauded the contribution of their parents as well as teachers in reaching at this stage of their life. He felt proud to be the Chief guest of the best College of North India. Defining education he said that education takes us from darkness to light. It teaches us to repect our elders, to honour women and to secure our environment. Defining convocation he said that it is the end of our first journey. The tradition of education and convocation has been thousand years old. He asserted that today we have thousands of schools, lakhs of colleges and millions of students, But we do not have good results. The only reason is that we are not following the path of right education and we are not following the tradition. Education in modern senerio has taught us how to get success but it has not taught us how to literate ourselves. He emphasized on the education with success and sustainability. He emphasised that the budding students are on the threshold of their life so they should wisely and judiciously select their career.
Dr. Ramesh Kumar, General Secretary Governing Body alongwith Principal Dr. Shailesh Kapoor honoured the Chief Guest by presenting a memento and shawl in the presence of Dr. K.L. Johar, founder vice Chancellor, GJU, Hisar.
Dr. Ramesh Kumar, General Secretary of the Managing Committee presented the vote of thanks to the Chief Guest and praised him as a keen researcher and able administrator. He said that learning is a continuous process and we learn everday. The College is progressing leaps and bounds not only in academic but also in other areas. He advised the students to help every one around them and to serve society and nation.
Dr. Naresh Batra, Dr. R.K. Garg, Sh. Rajat Diwakar, Sh. Om Pehwa and Members of the staff graced the occasion.
RAGGING IS BANNED
Ragging is strictly banned in the College Campus and Hostels. The offenders will be punished as per the rules/instructions of Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra/Haryana Govt. and Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
The instructions against ragging based on the orders of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India are:
Ragging in educational institutions is banned and anyone indulging in ragging is likely to be punished appropriately which punishment may include expulsion from the institution, suspension from the institution or classes for a limited period or fine with a public apology.
The punishment may also take the shape of
- i) withholding scholarship or other benifit.
- ii) debarring from representation elements.
- iii) withholding results.
- Suspension or expulsion from hostel or mess and the like. If the individuals committing or abetting ragging are not/cannot be identified, collective punishment will be awarded to act as deterrent.
- A student on the roles of college shall be bound by the college discipline inside and outside the college.
- Students bringing outsiders to the college will be fined with Rs. 1000 as outsiders are not permitted to enter the college.
- No function can be held on the college premises without the prior written permission of the Principal.
- Students are expected to pay due respect to the teachers. Anybody showing discourtesy towards the girl students and the members of the staff shall be severely punished and may be expelled from the college.
- No notice may be displayed on Notice board unless it bears the signature of the Principal. The students should make it a habbit to consult the Notice Board daily.
- While paying fee at the window or making any enquiry from any office counter, the students must stand quietly in a queue.
- Disturbing the classes and calling out any student from the class during the periods is a serious offence.
- Go upstairs only when the bell has gone. Enter the class room after all students inside have come out.
- The name of student remaining absent for seven consecutive working days will be struck off from the college rolls as per instructions of KUK. He/she will be readmitted as per rules. Fee of readmission is Rs. 500.
- Minimum required attendence to appear in exam is 75%. Biometeric machine and ERP will be shortly installed for this purpose.
- Absence from class test with or without leave means nil in internal Assessment. Absence from class test is punishable with a fine of Rs. 5 per lecture/day.
- Use of unfair means in an examination shall be punished with heavy fine and such other punishment may be recommended by Unfair Means Committee of the college.
- A student guilty of misconduct shall be liable not only to expulsion from the College/University but also to be debarred from appearing in examination of any Universities of India.
- The students must wear Identity Card which can be checked at any time. Whenever they collect the certificate/DMC, Scholarship, Bus/Rail Pass, Security and other documents from the office they will present it.
- No student will be allowed to undertake full time,part time, work in Govt./Semi Govt./ Private Sector.
- The use of mobile phone is strictly prohibited in the academic arena.
- Smoking is prohibited in the college.
- Cars/Four wheelers are not allowed on the college campus. Parking only at the four storey cycle/scooter stand will be allowed.
- The latest instructions/notifications regarding rules and regulations and syllabus issued by the KUK/ Haryana Govt. from time to time shall be implemented.
- No alcohol will be consumed either on the campus of institution or hostels or staff quarters etc. on any occasion, whatsoever.
- Misuse of Internet, Downloading of pronographic or other objectionable material is prohibited. Anybody found indulging in such will be dealt with very sternly.
- Minimum 60% marks with no reappear are required for placement in good companies.
- Anybody found damaging college property will be expelled from the college.
- Readmission in the College is allowed for only 2 times.
- The minimum number of marks required to pass the BA/BSC/BCOM/BCA examination in each semester shall be as under:
- 35% in each theory paper/ qualifying and subsidiary subject.
- 35% in each practical examination or project report/training report or viva voice examination.
- 35% in the aggregate of sessional and examination for each theory/practical subject.
Provided that in case of B.A/B.Sc. (Hons.) the candidate shall be required to have obtained 40% marks in each theory paper/ practical paper.”
Note : The above provision shall also be applicable in case of above said examination under Annual System.
- Application for leave must be submitted at the fee counter on prescribed from obtainable from the sales counter on payment. Leave upto seven days can be sanctioned by the tutor of the student. Leave for long period can be sanctioned by class teacher and Dr. Ajay Sharma on the recommendation of the tutor concerned before it is enjoyed. The application for leave on Medical Ground must be accompanied by a medical certificate. No application shall be considered after 3 days of the students resuming his attendance.
- Each student shall be put under the charge of a lecturer-tutor who will look after his/her studies, conduct and needs. List of tutors is notified in the beginning of the academic session.
- The student remain on leave or absent for any reason/ground should note that their lectures will not be counted for condoning the shortage of lectures of the leave/absence period.
LEAVING THE COLLEGE:
A student wishing to withdraw from the college must submit an application to the Principal signed by his parents or guardian. The student is liable to pay the college dues until his/her name is formally withdrawn.
REFUND OF SECURITY:
The withdrawal of securities will be from 1st March to 31st March. The securities not withdrawn upto 31st March will automatically lapsed.
How to Apply
AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION
1. The candidates for admission must apply Online.
2. Admission will be on Merit basis and as per Rules and Instructions of K.U.K./HEC, Haryana.
3. No separate intimation would be sent to the students. They would themselves be responsible for checking
merit list displayed on the College Notice Board/College Website.
4. The on line admissions will start w.e.f 8th June, 2O17 (calendar time) and the last date for applying online
will be 30th June, 2017( 12:00 p.m.midnight).
5. Online Registration is Mandatory for the Applicant seeking admission in the College.
6. Registration Fee: —
- Registration Fee for an Applicant is Rs 150/- for each college upto five colleges.
- Within this registration fee, an Applicant may opt more than one course in the same college.
- No separate Registration fee is to be deposited for another course in the same college.
- No Registration fee for Girls and SC Applicants.
7. Mode of Payment: —
- Net banking
- ATM Card
- Debit Card
- POS Machine
8. Scanned copy of Following is required: —
- Photo of the Applicant (Size 4KB to 100KB)
- Scanned Signature of the Applicant (Size 4KB to 100KB)
- Scanned Copy of 10th Certificate
- Scanned Copy of 10+2 Certificate
- Scanned Copy of Cast Certificate
- Scanned Copy of Weightage Certificate
- Scanned Copy of Aadhar card Number
- Bank Account No with IFSC Code
- Mobile Number of the Applicant
9. All candidates will be intimated for all successful steps in the application form through SMS.
10. During the filling of application form the applicant will be warned for correctness of mandatory fields
through “pop ups” at least thrice before saving the application form.
11. An online Link will be displayed on the website of the college by 8th June, 2017.
12. Four Steps for Online Registration: —
- Apply Online
- Choice of Courses
- Fee Payment
13. After Successful Registration an Applicant may take the printout of the detail.
14. Merit List will be displayed on the website of the college (as per University dates).
15. “TOP FIVE” subjects of 10+2 shall be taken into account for merit purpose in admissions, provided that the
student shall have the required compulsory subject in 10+2 for becoming eligible for admission for a
particular stream viz. Commerce, Non medical, Medical etc. as per the conditions of the affiliating
AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION:
- 1. Fill the Admission Form provided by the College carefully(incomplete forms will be rejected)
- 2. Fill Proforma for Identity Card.
- 3. Fill form for Hostel if required.
- 4. Fill the form for Placement.(For III Year Only)
- 5. Attach Three Photographs for College Form (One Stamp Size & Two Passport Size).
- 6. Two Photographs for Hostel Form Separately.
- 7. Attach Original Migration/Transfer Certificate for the candidates other than Haryana Board.
- 8. Attach copy of Aadhar Card.
- 9. Email Id of parents/Students.
- 10. Bank Account No.
- 11. Original 10th Certificate.
- 12. Original 10+2 Certificate.
- 13. Original Cast Certificate.
- 14. Original Weightage Certificate.
- 15. Signatures of the Candidate and Parents/Guardian both in front and back of admission form are necessary.
- 16. Attach attested copies of all the certificates and testimonials from Matriculation, 10+2, B.A/B.Sc./B.Com, last examination passed, character certificate, certificate of distinction
in games and sports, certificates of SC/BC and other required documents.If gap year, an affidavit is to be submitted.
17. The e-challans will be generated for all the students after depositing fee.
18. With effect from the academic session 2017-L8 the roll numbers of the students getting admission in first year of under graduate and post graduate course will be ” Auto generated” by
the system and these roll numbers will remain same for a student for the next 3/2 years as the case may be. Roll numbers of only those candidates will be generated who have
successfully deposited the fee.